Ep. 47: The Chess Cheating Crisis: Implications for the Amateur Player feat. CM Brian Karen
October 30, 2022
Long Island Chess Club
Candidate Master and renowned chess educator Brian Karen returns to the podcast to discuss the chess cheating crisis as it relates to the amateur player, among other topics. Some of our talking points include:
- How the prevalence of chess cheating is affecting amateur events
- Why the Carlsen/Niemann controversy has become irritating & tiresome
- Are cheat detection algorithms legitimate?
- Chess coaching philosophies
- Why do many players drop out of tournaments after losing just one game?
- Are large cash prizes hurting the Royal Game?
- Is bullet chess harmful or helpful?
- Is solving extremely difficult chess puzzles really beneficial?
♟This podcast is sponsored by Chessable. Check out a list of our favorite courses!♟